Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So much to update and so little of time

I'm not sure where to start since the last time I blogged was in March. I have been reminded on several occasions that I am a bad blogger. I even got a new camera and laptop and there's been no improvement. So sorry!

Well Mike has been at his new job for a couple of months already and things are going well. He is very challenged and oversees 10 therapists. I'm sure he's a great boss! This Saturday we're hosting a family picnic for his employees at a park in O'Fallon, IL. We're definitely looking forward to it and as a boss it's really important to get to know your employee on a more personal level. However, it will be 97 so we'll see how fun we think this is coming Saturday! :-)

This Friday Mike and I are both off work and will be at The Orchards for a charity golf scramble supporting St. Louis Children's Hospital. The car dealership we deal with is hosting it for the 2nd year and we're thrilled to be playing in it. Last year I volunteered with my mom, but this year we're playing and she's volunteering all day again. What a great cause! It's supposed to be 94 so I just ran to Golf Galaxy and picked up a sleeveless polo. Don't want to get any crazy tan lines on my arms...

Oh, and last Monday we got a dog! Yes, I know many people are in disbelief over this thought as I am not a dog person and have always said no, no, no. However, marriages are "give and take" so I gave and Mike finally got a dog. Sophie did poop and pee on our carpet today while she was home alone for the first day and I reminded Mike when he got home that it was "His Dog!" Grrr! It did come out, but I'm still not pleased. So, Sophie will be getting stuck in the laundry room until she learns to use her potty pads. The good side of the story though is that she goes to work with Mike 3 days a week and gets spoiled completely rotten!!! We just have to work on her using her potty pads for the 2 days a week she's at home. Hmmm...any suggestions?
Well, for now that's all... I think I'm going to go lay down with a book for the evening!

1 comments:

Jennelle June 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

Good to know that Golf Galaxy has sleeveless polos! :)

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP